Tuesday, June 25, 2013

And hobby progress for our first officlal day of the blog...

I'm currently working on several projects.  As I mentioned in the introductory post, part of my problem is having so many miniatures to paint.  I play a wide variety of miniature games, including:

Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer Fantasy
Warmachine/Hordes
Flames of War
Zombicide 

I also collect miniatures I think look awesome, having recently picked up a CMON mini and another one for Kingdom Death that I absolutely love (Flower Knight).  

I'm focusing my time on two major army projects, including Imperial Guard for 40k, which I've been working on for a couple years now and Ogre Kingdoms for Warhammer Fantasy - which I started painting a few months ago.

You'll see a blog gadget to the right of the main posts called "The Chopping Block."  I do try to keep a queue of what I need to paint going at all times.  This will be how I track this on the blog, since taking a picture of my whiteboard would be a pain.  So, as you'll see, I'm currently working on a Death Korps of Krieg squad and 6 Ogre Ironguts.  

My Imperial Guard project is being somewhat driven by the Independent Characters podcast's Hobby Progress Challenge 2013 (Here is a link to my post in their forum with pictures! (Kilo's IC Podcast Hobby Progress Challenge).  The Ogre Kingdoms project is something I've been planning for about a year - I really would like to play them and so that need drives painting, since I'm painting the miniatures seperately from their bases.  

Yesterday I airbrushed the first couple of coats on the Ogres' skin.  Today I finished up the airbrushing portion of the skin by shading, so you can see that coming along in the picture!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to start on the Krieg, since they are due for the challenge by the end of June.  Thanks for reading!