Between yesterday and today, I've gotten most of the Vulture assembled. As my plans are to make the Vulture more of a display piece, with a very nice scenic base, the normal GW flight stand wouldn't do. Months ago, I prepped some bits for the base and purchased a bicycle spoke to use as a flight stand. With the Vulture's fuselage being a pretty heavy, solid block of resin, the base needs to be reinforced. I followed some tips from the Buypainted guy (check out his Youtube channel).
The bicycle spoke will fit into a hole drilled pretty deep into the fuselage. However, still not enough - the ruined building will also have a hole drilled into the very corner, where the spoke will sit and be fastened with super glue. I bent the piece of the spoke that will go under the base to make a sort of stand on its own. Then, using two part epoxy resin mix, I turned the base over and filled the bottom (spoke in) to the top. I will let this cure over the next couple of days at which point the whole base will be a solid block of resin... in theory. Hopefully this will allow me to pose the Vulture at a swooping angle without much wobbling. Here are some shots:
In addition to a new Taurox model (not pictured), I picked up a mini Malifaux 2.0 rulebook. This game is pretty fantastic and the miniatures have a style that is different than most other games. Still trying to finalize my decision on a faction, but thinking the neverborn (dreamers and such) are the best match for what I want to work on.
Still planning on doing the Foldio review, but haven't had much time to play with taking pictures with it. Got a paper to write for school by Wednesday, so my next couple of days' progress will largely depend on the progress of my homework. Thanks for reading.