Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pulling the trigger... and some updates.

Its been a very fast week, and lots of trepidation on making my Forge World order for my World Eaters army has been completed.  I made the order this morning and I can't wait to get those tubs of dishwater ready for the resin.  As my next big project, I will be prioritizing these miniatures and posting regular update.s Stay tuned.  

As for progress, I wasn't able to dedicate much time this week to the hobby, but the weekend finally rolled around.  I spent the majority of the day yesterday at a buddy's house assembling some models that I have picked up both recently and in the past.  Of those, I was able to put together one of the new Astra Militarum Taurox vehicles, which I must say is much more pleasing in person.  For whatever reason, the pictures of the models in magazines make it look tall and narrow, but it actually has a nice wide base to it that makes it look pretty tough.  After finishing the Taurox, I was able to stick together a Dwarf Runesmith and a Gyrocopter.  Man, the gyrocopter is small - it has to be one of the most expensive price per square cm plastic model GW has ever produced.  And such a bear to assemble - well, the rotors were bad.  

Additionally, I was able to assemble the World Eaters Contemptor Dreadnought that I picked up back at Adepticon, which I guess is my first official model for the army.  I magnetized the joints that connect to the weapons so that I can change them out later once I pick up more options.  I am missing one of the knee plates, but I have emailed Forge World for a replacement.  They are always great at fixing problems.  

Today, I started out with this on my plate (below).  I'm ready to get these last few ogres that I have started done so that I can officially move on to other projects.  I will be posting army pics soon for the "completed" project.  Of course, I'll be working on additions slowly as time goes on.  Very happy to have my first completely painted army.  I've only been playing for about 20 years.  :)


Base for the vulture.  I think it will actually be fun to paint.

Got to put some primer down on most of these models today so that I can start the real work.  Also got to work on Cthulu, who is coming along pretty nicely.  I still think the material for the Bones models is pretty awful, but its not too bad to work with.  Some of the fine detail leaves much to be desired, but I think I'm making the most of it.  

Hopefully I'll have some time to work some more tomorrow.  Here are some more pictures to hold you over.  Happy painting!


Completed assemblies for the weekend.  Boring!

Primer down.  Paint next.  Loving the smooth primer coat that the airbrush is providing.

Cthulu!

Add caption