Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nostalgiamunda

Really bored and lazy at the moment, so I wanted to share this with the few who read the blog.  Found these a few weeks ago in a box and thought about selling them, but I really think I'm going to put them in a vat of simple green or whatever and pray that the 2-inch thick coat of white primer that 12 year old me put on them years ago comes off. 
I think this set makes a complete boxed set for the Necromunda Cawdor Gang, minus the Heavy.  However, I really do think that I have the heavy models somewhere.  The new Chaos cultists also make good expansion for Cawdor, and they were always my favorite.  

I talk about Necromunda fairly often and get really nostalgic about playing, because it probably was my favorite GW game of all time and I'm really sad that it has never been revisited.  For all of the grim, dark of the 40k universe, I always felt like Necromunda captured it best because these were the "normal" people that lived in the world.  This is probably why I like Imperial Guard so much (excuse me... Astra Militarum), because they are the "us" in this violent universe.  That... and I love pushing model tanks around the table.  

Unfortunately I wasn't really old enough for committed enough when Necromunda was around to really get all of the fun out of it.  I keep saying I'm going to revisit, but its hard to find interest.  Alas, maybe a good scrub on these models and a fresh coat of paint will force me to push the issue.  In the meantime, I'll have to dream.  

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment